Thursday, October 22, 2009

Country on the road to Lafayette. " "All right " I says "I can walk it in three days. And I'll start this very afternoon. " "No you wont you'll start NOW; and don't you lose any time about.

Built a fire and trimmed and lighted the wick when darkness came. And Peter as if hiding from the ghosts of yesterday slunk into a corner and lay there unmoving and still. And McKay did not get supper nor did he smoke but after a long time he carried his blankets into. lexapro 20mg That stays fresh for you and me and the masses? Answer: the jump off the cliff. Well when I wrote that I remember thinking that those cliffs they were jumping off those were the Cliffs of Insanity that everybody tries to climb in The Princess Bride. In my mind when I wrote Butch I was thinking back further into my mind remembering my father reading the rope climb up the Cliffs of Insanity and the death that was lurking right behind. That book was the single best thing that happened to me (sorry about that Helen; Helen is my wife the hot-shot child psychiatrist) and long before I was even married I knew I was going to share it with my s! on. I knew I was going to have a son too. So when Jason was born (if he'd been a girl he would have been Pamby; can you believe that a woman child psychiatrist who would give her kids such names?)?anyway when Jason was born I made a mental note to buy him a copy of The Princess Bride for his tenth birthday. After which I promptly forgot all about it. Flash forward: the Beverly Hills Hotel last December. I am going mad having meetings on Ira Levin's The Stepford Wives which I am adapting for the Silver Screen. I call my wife in New York at dinnertime which I always do?it makes her feel wanted ?and we're talking and at the close she says "Oh. We're giving Jason a ten-speed bike. I bought it today. I thought that was fitting don't you?" "Why fitting?" "Oh come on Willy ten years ten speeds. " "Is he ten tomorrow? It went clean outta my head. " "Call us at suppertime tomorrow and you can wish him a happy. " "Helen?" I said then. "Listen do me something. Buzz the Nine-nine-nin! e bookshop and have them send over The Princess Bride. " "Lemme get a pencil " and she's gone a while. "Okay. Shoot. The what bride?" "Princess. By S. Morgenstern. It's a kids' classic. Tell him I'll quiz him on it when I'm back next week and that he doesn't have to like it or anything but if he doesn't tell him I'll kill myself. Give him that message exactly please; I wouldn't want to apply any extra pressure or anything. " "Kiss me my fool. ". dw6d8e467868t68zxvsdtg57758ghjvser

No comments:

Post a Comment