Thursday, October 22, 2009

The dragonslayer who would get the fair maid-in his own perception. Young as I was and inexperienced as I was I still understood that the sexual drive is.

And Old Man Hinkle began to talk to her. I had observed before that he was a shrewd man and not unphilosophic. "Ily " said he "I notice there's three or four young fellers that have been callin'. nexium online Placed the feet of the great statue which now towered high above their heads. Directly before them were two peculiar constructions which unlike the rest of the buildings were completely whole. They were domed and faceted and were made of some glasslike substance which defracted the rays of the sun. From below they heard the reptile men advancing down the corridor. "We'll seek shelter in the nearest of those domes " Elric said. He broke into a trot leading the way. The others followed him through the irregularly shaped opening at the base of the dome. Once inside however they hesitated shielding their eyes and blinking heavily as they tried to discern their way. "It's like a maze of mirrors!" Smiorgan g! asped. "By the gods I've never seen a better. Was that its function I wonder. " Corridors seemed to go off in all directions-yet they might be nothing more than reflections of the passage they were in. Cautiously Elric began to continue farther into the maze the five others following him. "This smells of sorcery to me " Smiorgan muttered as they advanced. "Have we been forced into a trap I wonder. " Elric drew his sword. It murmured softly-almost querulously. Everything shifted suddenly and the shapes of his companions grew dim. "Smiorgan! Duke Avan!" He heard voices murmuring but they were not the voices of his friends. "Count Smiorgan!" But then the burly sea-lord faded away altogether and Elric was alone. VI He turned and a wall of red brilliance struck his eyes and blinded him. He called out and his voice was turned into a dismal wail which mocked him. He tried to move but he could not tell whether he remained in the same spot or walked a dozen miles. ! Now there was someone standing a few yards away seemingly obscured by a screen of multicolored transparent gems. He stepped forward and made to dash away the screen but it vanished and he stopped suddenly. He looked on a face of infinite sorrow. And the face was his own face save that the man's coloring was normal and his hair was black. "What are you?" Elric said thickly. "I have had many names. One is Erekosл. I have been many men. Perhaps I am all men. " "But you are like me!" "I am you. " "No!" The phantom's eyes held tears as it stared in pity at Elric. "Do not weep for me!" Elric roared. "I need no sympathy from you!" "Perhaps I weep for myself for I know our fate. " "And what is that?" "You would not understand. " "Tell me. " "Ask your gods. " Elric raised his sword. Fiercely he said "No-I'll have my answer from you!" And the phantom faded away. Elric. sfefse55iccuewuw3uht4958je

No comments:

Post a Comment